Call for Proposals
SUBMISSION DEADLINE MARCH 26, 2016
The 39th Annual NYSABE Conference, to be held on May 21, 2016, will seek to highlight current trends, research, and pedagogical practices in the field of bilingual education through its theme, Changing Policies, New Directions: Bilingual Education Paving the Way to Every Student’s Success.
All educators, parents, students, researchers, publishers, elected officials, and community-based organizations are welcomed to share their expertise and experiences with participants at the 2016 Conference.
Our day will focus on exploring new policies and best practices that develop and support bilingual education. The wealth of experience, wisdom, current knowledge, and innovative ideas from across the state will be evidenced as we bring together researchers, practitioners, and supporters within a spirit of sharing and mutual learning.
Presenters will be responsible for the cost of registration, meals, lodging, and travel.
Some Workshops Ideas:
We strongly encourage proposals connected to the conference theme related to the education of English language learners/Bilingual learners in all educational areas, e.g., bilingual, ESL, special education, general education, and integrated English as a new language.
- Pre-Kindergarten for ELLs/bilingual learners
- Promising Practices:
- Biliteracy (New York State Seal, CUNY-NYSIEB, dual language, starting a new bilingual program)
- ELL/Bilingual Learners with Disabilities
IMPORTANT: Information For You Prior to Your Submission:
- Workshops are 50 minutes in length.
- You may present alone or with a partner or team.
- Presenters must register and pay as attendees for the conference day.
- Handouts are optional.
- NYSABE will provide the following equipment: LCD projector with connection cables for PC laptops, projection screen, internet access and sound.
- NYSABE will NOT provide: laptops (plan to bring your own), connection cables for Mac computers (VGA and audio), any other A/V equipment including VHS/DVD projectors, overhead projectors, or copying services.
- If you plan to show video clips, they must be loaded onto your laptop and tested ahead of time.
All proposals must be submitted by MARCH 26, 2016.
A conference committee consisting of NYSABE members, leadership, and directors will convene in April to review proposals and determine which proposals will be included in the program. In addition to the inherent quality of the proposals, usefulness to attendees and creation of a balanced program will be considerations. Everyone who has submitted a proposal will be notified via email by April 15th. We recognize and appreciate the time and effort required in preparing a submission and thank you in advance for your proposal. We regret that only a limited number of proposals can be accepted. If you have any questions about the proposal process, please contact Rebecca Murphy at email@example.com.
To submit your proposal to the 2016 NYSABE Conference, please fill out the form below and complete each question that follows. Proposals will be accepted until midnight of March 26, 2016.
Important Reminder! All presenters will be required to register for the 2016 NYSABE Conference. There will be NO complimentary registration for presenters nor will any honoraria be paid to presenters.
Please complete the Call for Proposals application below: